Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Guess What Was Under My Bed????

In my desperation to find my camera, I waved a $5 dollar bill in front of all my kids and said whoever finds Momma's camera, gets five bucks, extra computer time, and a pack of gum.  They all scattered and furiously started looking for it. That lasted about a minute and a half. Soon they were finding toys and treasures they forgot they had, and then they heard "The Simpsons" on TV and the search was over. Well, not for Travis, my unemployed 17 year old. I kept catching him opening cupboards, drawers, looking under papers, in between shelves etc.  I appreciated his perseverance (he desperately needs $$$, so he took this very seriously) I asked him to get a frying pan out from under my bed, {you might think that it's odd to have frying pans under my bed, but when you have a Pampered Chef addiction and limited cupboard space, you have to be resourceful}.  Anyway, he proudly entered the kitchen with my frying pan AND my camera. That's one place I never thought to look. He's $5.00 richer and I have my camera again.  YEAH!! Thanks Trav!!
I'm suspicious that my 4 or 6 year old had something to do with it's whereabouts now, and that perhaps I haven't lost my mind, however, that's still under debate. hehehe...  I wonder what else is under there?? One of my favorite necklaces is still lost, and so is my cell phone and also a pair of Carston's glasses . . . . . hmmmmmmm

10 comments:

Celeste said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad you found your camera and all those pictures. After I find something that I lost I'm always like, "I never put it there" but in your case, with allthose little helpers you have, you probably really didn't put the camera there. Oh well, at least Travis found it!

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

Can I pay your kids 20$ to find my iTouch?

CaryManda said...

Hurrah for Cameras and determined little guys! ;)

Yes, I do find it odd that you have frying pans under your bed as a matter of fact.
You crack me up!
I love ya!

CaryManda said...

PS
i love your sweet tunes, baby! ;)

Bonnie said...

Glad you found your camera. I need to send my kids on a treasure hunt under my bed. We are missing quite a bit of hair accessories.

Great looking background...

Here at home said...

We have a corner in our house that is hiding a set of keys, and just about everything else we can't find. A lot of times, we have to get down on the kids level and start looking. I found my camera in the garbage once. True story.

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

Sharon, you need to look under your napkins in your napkin basket. That is where I found my missing keys, they were gone for months. We just kept putting napkins on top of them and didn't notice.

shauna said...

Every item we own needs a locater button like the tv remotes. And batteries that never die.

So now that you have your camera, DO NOT loose your missionary.

Dawna said...

Good for tenacious helpers! Well, maybe greed had something to do with it too :) Can't wait to see the new pic's you will be posting.

AuntiePill said...

Testing... maybe I figured it out!Hope so! How I LOVE YOU... your writings are GREAT! You're the one with the knac of darling expressions! Later~~~