Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What DO Spiders do?

This morning when I was helping Gage get dressed, he yelled, "LOOK Mommy!!" His tone kind of frightened me a little, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to look, but I looked where he was pointing and up on the ceiling in his bedroom was a tan spider about the size of a quarter, crawling or should I say, "strutting it's stuff" along the seam between the ceiling and wall, acting as if though it owned the place. I said, "Oh, yep, I wonder where he's going?" and Gage, without skipping a beat said, "He's gonna go play basketball with the big boys." Wow, who knew???
Sorry no picture to share, but by the time I grabbed my camera it had moved on ..... 

8 comments:

Here at home said...

Wow, that you didn't freak out about that, and that you even went for you camera and are okay with it roaming your house.
I didn't know spiders played basketball, either.

Celeste said...

Thankyou for not posting a pic..I can't stand spiders!

CaryManda said...

Cary has taught the girls to squish them when they see them instead of squealing. It's working. My 5 yr old especially loves to kill them. Is that so bad?
:)

Joni said...

What a cute little guy...playing basketball with the big boys...LOL!!! But for me I would have raced for the first shoe and SCREAMED as I smashed it! I HATE spiders...DANG that we all get them in our houses!!! It's freakin me out...I'd better go and spray again...LOL!!!
I LLLOOOOVVVVEEE your family picture!!! So cute!! Can't wait to hear how ELDER Shields is doing!!!

shauna said...

Hey there,

Happy b-lated birthday !!!!

(can I blame it jet lag and time difference?)

Hope your day was wonderful now that you are 16.25. Aren't you a little young to have a missionary son in the MTC?!

Love ya tons.

DrGooch said...

Seriously, who knew...

We love them in the house. They eat stuff that bugs us.

DrGooch said...

See my blog for a surprise.

onecent said...

yikes! glad Travis found your camera!! I need to try that trick with my kids, for finding my cell phone! :)
*penny*